Police Arrest Erik Feltner of Portland in Interstate 5 DUI Crash
Kelso, WA (May 07, 2021) – On Wednesday, 32-year-old Erik Feltner of Portland was arrested in a DUI crash on Interstate 5 that injured his passenger.
The accident started at about 8:13 p.m. at the southbound lanes of the freeway near milepost 45.
An officer attempted to stop a 2020 Ford Fusion that was traveling at a high rate of speed. However, the driver did not stop and a pursuit ensued.
Feltner, the driver took Exit 39, ran a red light at Allen Street, and hit a 2000 Honda Accord in the intersection.
Rescuers took Feltner and his passenger to PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center with unknown injuries. Two other passengers were not injured in the accident.
The Honda driver was not injured in the accident.
The authorities charged Feltner with DUI, felony eluding, and vehicular assault.
Public transportation is important when people go out drinking. Instead of relying on a designated driver, people should try and take the bus, train or invest in a taxi. All of these options are easy and affordable ways to get home.
What To Do in Case of Vehicular Crashes
Thousands of people across Washington suffer injuries in traffic accidents every year.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision.
Here are the things that we need to do if in case of an accident:
– First of all, you need to seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
– Then, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Do not forget to collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– Filing a police report or incident report by calling 911 should also be done.
– Lastly, you need to hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
CallSweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852. Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reachus through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.