Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Motorcycle accidents can result in serious injuries, disability, and emotional and financial distress. Despite this, insurance companies will try to pay you the least they possibly can, regardless of the care that you may need. The accident attorneys at Sweet Lawyers will get you the compensation you need to pay for costly medical bills, loss of income, property damage, and other unexpected expenses.
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Experiencing a motorcycle accident is shocking and scary, but unfortunately one of most over-represented traffic collisions that happen on the road. The lasting effects from a motorcycle crash can also be devastating. Bills from your medical treatments, as well as the cost to repair or replace damaged property can stack-up quickly. If you are forced to miss work, the lost wages only make the financial pressures following a motorcycle crash worse. Insurance companies can be helpful, but it is not in their best interest to give you a large settlement; so don’t try to negotiate with them on your own. Instead, contact the experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at Sweet Lawyers. We have seen thousands of cases, and for those we represent, we have a 98% success rate. Trust in a law firm with proven results. Contact us today for a 100% free case evaluation.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
When involved in a motorcycle collision, people often forget the steps they need to take in order to protect themselves from insurance fraud, inadequate compensation, and other damages. Follow these simple guidelines if you ever find yourself in a motorcycle accident:
- Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
- Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident, pictures/videos of vehicles involved, documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
- File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
- Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers
Common Types of Accidents
Traffic has undoubtedly increased over the past few years, especially in urban, highly populated areas. This increase in traffic contributes to the increase of motorcycle accidents. Motorcycles vary, from mopeds, to off-road motorcycles, two or three wheeled bikes, scooters, and even pocket bikes. The accidents undergone by motorists with these bikes include but are not limited to:
- Rear-end collisions → when one vehicle rear ends a motorcycle.
- T-bone accidents → when a vehicle collides with a motorcycle from its side, often because it is surprised by the motorcyclist’s presence or driving maneuver.
- Sideswipes → this type of accident occurs when a motorcyclist attempts to pass a driver who does not take into account the motorcyclists’ speed, or does not notice the motorcyclist, as they tend to be less visible on the road.
- Hit-and-runs → when a driver involved in an accident leaves the scene before exchanging information or waiting for police to arrive (which can result in serious criminal charges).
- Low-speed collisions → not all accidents happen at high-speeds; these are collisions that happen under ten (10) MPH.
- Lane splitting accidents → controversial in nature, lane splitting is only legal in certain states, and when a motorcycle moves through and between lanes in spotty traffic, a car may unknowingly get in the bike’s way, causing a collision.
Each type of motorcycle accident is an outcome of either negligent driving, human error, or natural and unavoidable conditions.
Common Causes and Injuries in Motorcycle Collisions
More than half of all road traffic accidents occur among vulnerable road users—including motorcyclists. Reasons for motorcycle crashes vary. Because motorcyclists are less visible to other drivers and less stable than four-wheel vehicles, they are also more vulnerable to the hazards of weather and road conditions than drivers in typical vehicles. These factors contribute to motorcycle accidents and subsequent fatalities. Motorcyclists are 28 times more likely than drivers in passenger cars to die in a collision, and 5 times more likely to be severely injured.
Depending on the severity of the crash, injuries can range from scratches and bruises to broken bones and even wrongful death. Some of the most common injuries from motorcycle accidents include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, bone fractures, and internal bleeding. These physical damages can result in long-term medical care, surgical procedures, and other medical attention. All of these lead to expensive medical bills that you may not be able to cover if you are unable to work due to the accident and injuries you sustained.
What We Can Recover
Sometimes, it is difficult to tell who is at fault in an accident. When this is the case, the common-law doctrine of comparative negligence (or comparative fault) comes into play. In the United States, even if you are partially at fault for a collision, you can receive damages. Our experienced car accident attorneys will use witnesses and reconstruction experts to build a solid case for you. If the other person involved in the accident doesn’t have insurance, we can check to see if you have an “uninsured motorist” clause in your insurance policy. With this clause, your insurance will step into the shoes of the negligent driver without coverage and compensate you for damages and your insurance rates will not be affected.
Following the steps listed above after an auto accident will help you stay safe; physically, mentally, and legally. Never discuss the details of the accident with the other party’s insurance company, attorney, or the adjuster. Instruct them to speak to your attorney and provide them with your attorney’s contact information, instead. Let our experienced car accident lawyers take care of the negotiation between insurance companies. You have nothing to lose, your consultation is free and confidential, and you won’t pay a single penny unless we win your case.
If you’ve recently been involved in a car accident, call Sweet Lawyers at (800) 674-7854 for a free case evaluation.
Help Is Here
We have answers. Tell us about your situation
Hear from our clients
Hundreds of happy clients and 5-star reviews
Clients hire us because we win!
Recent Case Results
$10.5 million truck accident, truck v. Auto crash, death claim
$6 million+ pedestrian accident, auto v. Pedestrian, brain injury
$3 million wrongful death, auto v. Pedestrian case
$750,000 slip trip & fall, premises low back and leg injury
$1.1 million auto accident, auto v. Bicycle case, shoulder injury
$5 million slip trip & fall, premises injury on defective stairs
Awarded “National Top 100 Trial Lawyers”
We Get Hired Because We Win – Over 40 Years Experience – 100% Free Phone Consultations