Prosser Multi-Vehicle Crash Injures Passenger
Prosser, WA (June 20, 2021) – On Thursday, a woman was injured in a multi-vehicle rollover crash on Interstate 82.
The accident happened at about 11:36 a.m. wherein three vehicles were involved.
Apparently, the first vehicle, a 2001 Ford Expedition SUV driven by a 53-year-old man with a 27-year-old female passenger was westbound on the freeway.
At the same time, two other vehicles (A 2005 Nissan Altima and an unidentified white sport utility vehicle) were traveling in the same direction.
The Nissan Altima and the white SUV slowed to adhere to the flow of traffic. The Ford driver to swerved to avoid an accident.
However, the Ford still struck the Nissan which crashed into the third vehicle.
Consequently, the Ford crashed into a jersey barrier and rolled onto its side.
Rescuers rushed the female passenger to Prosser Memorial Hospital to be treated for injuries incurred in the crash.
Also, there were two juveniles in the vehicle during the incident. Their vehicle was towed away by a local company.
Meanwhile, the third vehicle’s driver left the scene after the crash. They headed westbound and has not been identified.
Local authorities investigates to ensure that the third driver is safe following after the accident.
Authorities said no one else was injured in the accident.
Aim high in steering, i.e. don’t make your steering adjustments based on what is directly in front of you, but rather what is down the road. If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother.
Dealing With a Vehicular Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision.
Here are the things that we need to do if in case of an accident:
– Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
– Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– Then, file a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Do not forget to hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
CallSweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852.