Person Hospitalized, Woman Arrested in Hollywood DUI Crash
Hollywood, CA (May 29, 2021) – On Friday, a person was injured in Santa Monica Boulevard DUI crash.
The accident took place at about 4:45 p.m. at the intersection of Highland Avenue.
The authorities began pursuing a blue sedan along Melrose Avenue.
Minutes later, the female driver ran a red light at the intersection of Santa Monica Boulevard and Highland Avenue, wherein her vehicle was hit by two cars.
As a result, her vehicle spun out and rested at the intersection near a gas station.
Then, she got out of her vehicle and sat down on the ground.
After initially resisting arrest, officers were able to arrest her at about 4:50 P.M.
Meanwhile, responders took at least one occupant from one of the other vehicles to a local hospital with unknown injuries.
Scan the road 1/2 mile to a full mile ahead in order to look out or recognize potential hazards in time. Our bodies weren’t designed to travel at 50mph. We were designed for speeds of less than 10mph, thus you need to learn to consciously break that natural instinct and focus farther ahead.
Most importantly, never drink and drive.
Dealing With the Unwanted Road Accidents
Roadways, while scrupulously created and mapped for efficient travel, are one of the most dangerous settings. Therefore, it is crucial that everyone remain calm in order to properly handle the immediate aftermath of a vehicle crash.
In fact, on the AAA Foundation Web site, chief executive officer Peter Kissinger repeatedly labeled the epidemic of motor vehicle-related accidents a “public health crisis.”
Moreover, here are the things that we need to remember in case of an accident:
– Before anything else, seek medical attention if you or someone with you has been hurt.
– Then, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Also, collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Lastly, and truly important, hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Call Sweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852. Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents. We are open any time of the day, and any day of the week.