Police Department Employee Involved in Escondido Pedestrian Accident on North Escondido Boulevard and West Lincoln Avenue
ESCONDIDO, CA (May 7, 2023) – Friday, a startling pedestrian crash on North Escondido Boulevard and West Lincoln Avenue injured 1 person.
The incident happened at about 9:40 p.m. on North Escondido Boulevard and West Lincoln Boulevard.
The Escondido Police Department revealed that one of its employees seriously injured a pedestrian.
According to reports, “a disturbance in the roadway” occurred before the driver struck a 31-year-old pedestrian.
Then, the Escondido Fire Paramedics transported the pedestrian to Palomar Medical Center for treatment of his major injuries.
Meanwhile, reports confirmed that the driver of the car was a non-sworn civilian employee of the police department. They remained at the scene of the crash as officers responded.
Also, officers clarified that the employee didn’t drive a city vehicle or was working at the time of the crash.
“It is yet to be determined to what extent alcohol may have been a factor,” EPD added.
Meanwhile, the California Highway Patrol will handle the investigation for transparency purposes.
Furthermore, they urged witnesses to contact the Oceanside area office at 760-643-3400.
Safe Driving on California Roadways
Sharing the road is a shared responsibility. It is important to keep an eye out for those who are on the road with you.
The California Office of Traffic Safety’s “Go Safely” campaign advises drivers of the following:
- Follow the posted speed limit.
- Slow down your speed at intersections.
- Give pedestrians the right of way at crosswalks and unmarked corners. Be ready to stop and let those on foot cross.
- Apply extra care in less-than-ideal driving conditions. This may include dark, foggy, or rainy weather.
- Respect all bicyclists. Give cyclists at least three to five feet of room when passing a bike. California law requires drivers to provide a minimum of three feet of space between a vehicle and a bicycle.
- If there is not enough space to pass a bicyclist safely, be patient and wait until you can.
If you’re looking for a trusted pedestrian crash attorney, turn to Sweet Lawyers. Moreover, we have over 40 years of experience in the legal field. We will fight to achieve the justice and compensation that you and your family deserve. Also, our attorneys and experienced professional legal team have dealt with cases including pedestrian accidents. Call our offices today at (800) 674 7852 for a free consultation at a location nearest you. Thus, for your convenience, you can contact us 24/7 by email, online chat, and text message.