Charlton Caldwell Dies, One Hospitalized in Vermont Avenue Crash
Los Angeles, CA (July 12, 2020) – On Saturday evening, a 45-year-old Charlton Caldwell of Compton died in a three-car crash on Vermont Avenue.
The crash happened at around 9:35 p.m. on July 11.
Reportedly, Caldwell was driving a 2007 black Saab 20T travelling southbound in the No. 1 lane on Vermont Avenue, when a white 2007 BMW 328i going eastbound on 106th Street failed to stop for a stop sign.
The vehicle then moved directly into the path of another white 2007 BMW going southbound on Vermont.
Caldwell tried to avoid the crash by swerving to the left, hitting the concrete centre median. His car then left the roadway and struck a tree. He died upon impact.
Meanwhile, medics transported another motorist, a 39-year-old man from Los Angeles, to Centinela Hospital Medical Center in Inglewood with minor injuries.
We at Sweet Lawyers extend our heartfelt condolences to the family and loved ones of Charlton Caldwell. May the bereaved find comfort and strength in this trying time.
Hire Your Personal Attorney
“Insurance companies will try to save money, even if it means not fully compensating a family for the wrongful death of a loved one. When a family retains an attorney immediately, it gives the family time to grieve their loss, and their attorney can start focusing on holding the negligent party accountable,” says Tyler Toomey, a practicing attorney at Sweet Lawyers.
“Having legal representation after such a traumatic event will provide your family the space to heal while ensuring that justice is brought to your loved one,” says Mark Sweet, a seasoned attorney at Sweet Lawyers.
What Is a Wrongful Death Suit?
- It is a step towards recovering from the death of a family member.
- It forces liable parties to become accountable for their actions.
- Allows families to hold parties liable for the irrevocable damages they have caused.
- Allows surviving family members to achieve/ attain vindication for their dearly departed.
- A wrongful death lawsuit gives the loved ones of a departed family member some semblance of justice.
- Alleviates most or all of the financial burden the death of a relative has generated.
- Compensation for the funeral expenses accrued over a deceased victim’s send-off.
- Holds the party responsible for your loved one’s passing accountable.
Why Should You File a Wrongful Death Claim
If you are or a family member is involved in a similar multi-vehicular accident or has suffered injuries, turn to us. More so if it is to seek justice over a wrongful death in your family. Sweet Lawyers have been pursuing justice for over 40 years. Our mission is more than being legal representation, but an assurance that your trust is never a waste when you choose our firm. We offer personalized assistance and will cover the nitty-gritty of your claim while you focus on healing. Let our seasoned attorneys and a team of experts lessen your burden. Above all, you won’t pay a dime until we settle your case. Call our offices now at (800) 674-7852 to discuss our plans. You can also reach us by email, talk on our live online chat, and text message us 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.