Arturo Macias and Jesse Montano Involved in Highway 99 Big-Rig Collision
Merced, CA (July 15, 2022) On Wednesday, 44-year-old Samantha Poulsen of Fresno was hurt in a multi-vehicle crash on an under-construction section of Highway 99.
The CHP responded to a 2-vehicle collision along northbound Highway 99, just north of V Street around 2:20 p.m.
Reports say that Poulsen, driving a 2019 Kenworth big rig struck the back of a camper towed by a GMC Yukon, driven by 57-year-old Jesse Montano of San Jose.
A few moments later, a 2013 Freightliner collided with the back of the Kenworth and then left the roadway. Then, the freightliner barrelled down a ditch.
Police say the driver, 55-year-old Arturo Macias of Madera, failed to notice that traffic stopped and the collision ahead.
The collision closed V Street on-ramp to Highway 99 until 8:23 p.m.
Paramedics transported Samantha Poulsen to Mercy Medical Center. Poulsen complained about the pain after the collision.
Zuniga said motorists are advised to slow down, pay attention and increase following distances while navigating construction zones.
Authorities are investigating the incident and have ruled out drugs or alcohol to be factors for the crash.
There are plenty of ways to practice safe and defensive driving. This way, you can ensure your safety as well as the other motorists and pedestrians on the road.
Dealing With a Vehicular Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision like the Highway 99 big rig crash.
Here are the things that we need to do in case of an accident:
- Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
- Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
- File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
- Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Furthermore, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Additionally, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.