19-Year-Old Woman Injured in Yakima County Crash
Yakima County, WA (May 22, 2021) – On Thursday, a 19-year-old female passenger was injured in State Route 97 hit-and-run crash.
The accident took place before 9 p.m. near lateral 1 Road, a couple of miles north of Wapato.
Officers said the driver struck a jersey barrier and took off on foot. The 19-year-old injured passenger was left in their car.
Responders took the victim to Virginia Mason Memorial Hospital.
Officers did not release any details about the involved vehicle driver.
Since you cannot read the intention of the driver in front of you, don’t tailgate. Keep some distance between your vehicle and the one ahead in order to give yourself enough response time, should the one ahead make a sudden turn or stop.
How To Prevent Crash Injuries
While driving is essential for many in order to move about in their lives, it is one of the most dangerous activities performed daily. This is because accidents are a major public health threat. Traffic accidents are a leading cause of death for individuals ages 5-64.
Here are some ways that we can practice defensive driving:
– Always keep in mind to drive at the speed limit.
– Also, do not assume that you know another driver’s intention.
– Better be prepared to positively react to other drivers.
– Yield at intersections, especially if another vehicle is recklessly trying to take your turn.
– Most importantly, stay focused on the road. Remove all distractions such as cell phones or other devices.
– Reachout to our attorneysat Sweet Lawyers if you were injured in an accident.
Injuries are often not obvious until months after when it is too late to obtain compensation. Our number is (800) 674 7852. You may also check our websiteand chat with our live agents.