2 People Hospitalized in Traffic Collision on El Cajon Boulevard
El Cajon, CA (October 27, 2022) On Thursday morning, a double rollover crash on Interstate 8 sent 2 people to the hospital.
CHP say that the traffic collision happened at about 2:30 a.m. on eastbound I-8 at El Cajon Boulevard.
The California Highway Patrol says that the collision involved a pickup truck and a black Mercedes-Benz sedan.
Moreover, the impact of the collision ejected one person from their vehicle. Paramedics found the ejected person unconcious on the ground.
Furthermore, the collision caused the Mercedes to overturn and up an embankment. Meanwhile, the truck ended up on its roof on the freeway.
Emergency crews transported 2 patients to the hospital.
Authorities are investigating the traffic collision and have not released further details about the incident.
As a driver, it is your responsibility to be a proactive driver. Driving defensively prepares you for emergencies and helps you avoid accidents like the crash on State Route 2.
If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother.
Dealing With a Vehicular Rollover Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision like the Interstate 8 rollover crash.
Furthermore, here are the things that we need to do in case of an injury accident:
- Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
- Next, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Then, collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved.
- Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else can be used for evidence.
- Afterward, file a police report or incident report by calling 911.
- Finally, hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.