2 People Hospitalized in Big-Rig Collision near Valencia Boulevard
Santa Clarita, CA (September 3, 2022) On Friday afternoon, a 4-vehicle crash on Interstate 5 sent 2 people to the hospital.
According to Los Angeles County Fire Department, the big-rig collision happened South of Valencia Boulevard at around 2 p.m.
Reports say that the collision involved 2 cars and 2 big rigs. Authorities arrived at the scene and found 2 people with unspecified injuries.
Paramedics transported the 2 patients to Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital.
Meanwhile, reports say that the cars abruptly hit their brakes, causing the semi-trucks to rear-end the cars.
Authorities are investigating the incident and have not released additional information about the crash.
As a driver, it is your responsibility to be a proactive driver, rather than a reactive one. Moreover, driving defensively prepares you for emergencies.
If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother.
Dealing With a Vehicular Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision like the Interstate 5 4-vehicle crash.
Furthermore, here are the things that we need to do in case of an injury accident:
- Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
- Next, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Then, collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved.
- Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else can be used for evidence.
- Afterward, file a police report or incident report by calling 911.
- Finally, hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.