Semi-Truck Accident on Highway 92 Closes Roadway
Half Moon Bay, CA (June 25, 2022) On Friday, injuries were reported in a big-rig collision on Highway 92.
Authorities say that the semi-truck accident happened at around 1 p.m. near Spanishtown, east of Half Moon Bay.
The Cal Fire San Mateo – Santa Cruz Unit responded to the incident.
Reports say that the semi-truck overturned and struck a pickup truck.
Meanwhile, paramedics say that the injuries sustained in the crash were all minor.
The crash closed all lanes of the highway for more than 3 hours.
Aim high in steering, i.e. don’t make your steering adjustments based on what is directly in front of you, but rather on what is down the road.
If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother.
Dealing With a Vehicular Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision like the Highway 92 big-rig collision.
Here are the things that we need to do in case of an accident:
- Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
- Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved.
- Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
- File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
- Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.