Officers Arrest Driver in Ferndale DUI Collision
Ferndale, WA (July 22, 2022) – On Thursday, two drivers sustained injuries in an Interstate 5 two-vehicle crash.
The authorities responded to the crash scene at about 6:10 p.m. on the Nooksack River bridge.
Immediately, the paramedics assessed the 2 drivers involved in the collision. They later released them at the scene with minor injuries.
Later on, officers arrested the causing driver for driving under the influence while their vehicle was impounded.
As a driver, it is your responsibility to be a proactive driver, rather than a reactive one. Moreover, driving defensively prepares you for emergencies.
If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother.
Most importantly, do not drink and drive to prevent incidents like the Ferndale DUI collision.
Dealing With a Vehicular Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision like the Ferndale DUI collision.
Furthermore, here are the things that we need to do in case of an accident:
- Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
- Next, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Then, collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved.
- Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
- Afterward, file a police report or incident report by calling 911.
- Finally, hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.