CHP Investigates Major Injury Accident on Union Mine Road
El Dorado County, CA (April 26, 2023) On April 19, a hit-and-run on Union Mine Road resulted in major injuries and CHP is searching for the suspect driver.
CHP Says that a vehicle related to the major injury accident on Union Mine Road was found and they are searching for the suspect driver.
Reports say that a 1991 Dodge Dakota was involved in a hit-and-run accident earlier this month and the driver left the scene after the crash.
Authorities found the Dodge abandoned, officials say that the vehicle had expired 2019 California license plate tags.
Officials urge anyone who might have information to reach out to CHP at 530-748-2450 or 916-861-1300.
TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS COULD HAPPEN ANYTIME
The California Office of Traffic Safety’s “Go Safely” campaign advises drivers of the following:
- Follow the posted speed limit.
- Slow down your speed at intersections.
- Give pedestrians the right of way at crosswalks and unmarked corners. Be ready to stop and let those on foot cross.
- Apply extra care in less-than-ideal driving conditions. This may include dark, foggy, or rainy weather.
- Respect all bicyclists. Give cyclists at least three to five feet of room when passing a bike. California law requires drivers to provide a minimum of three feet of space between a vehicle and bicycle.
- If there is not enough space to pass a bicyclist safely, be patient and wait until you can.
Traffic safety continues to be a life-and-death matter, yet reckless driving has not declined. One person is killed in a vehicle accident every couple of hours.
Moreover, sharing the road is a shared responsibility. It is important to keep an eye out for those who are on the road with you.
Let us do our share to prevent traffic mishaps like the hit-and-run on Union Mine Road.
KNOW YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS FOLLOWING A COLLISION
Your safety on the road is never guaranteed; however, knowledge is a powerful tool. Indeed, in uncertain times such as these, you may want to speak to a professional in case of an accident.
Knowing what steps to take following a crash similar to the hit-and-run on Union Mine Road can mean the difference between financial prosperity and financial disparity. The consequences of a severe accident can follow you for months, even years, if you don’t have your legal doubts cleared by an expert.
To the people injured in the major injury accident on Union Mine Road, know that the aftershock of an accident is not something to be dealt with alone. The burden is meant to be shared; preferably, with a community that knows how to handle the effects.