Pedestrian Injured in Brea Traffic Accident
Brea, CA (August 31, 2022) – On Sunday, a 75-year-old male pedestrian sustained injuries in an Imperial Highway hit-and-run crash.
It was about 11:35 p.m. when a car struck the victim between Associated Road and 57 Freeway.
The authorities investigating this accident say they do not know why the man was there.
“It’s not a place where people normally cross,” Lt. Chris Harvey said. “It’s pretty treacherous.”
Luckily, a concerned witness called the police.
The paramedics rushed the victim to a hospital with significant injuries.
Moreover, the involved car, an older light-colored Lexus sedan, drove northbound onto 57 Freeway. Officers say it sustained front-end and windshield damage.
The authorities have not yet located the car and its driver.
In the meantime, please contact Cpl. Anthony Nguyen at 714-990-7640 for more details about the Brea traffic accident.
As a driver, it is your responsibility to be a proactive driver, rather than a reactive one. Moreover, driving defensively prepares you for emergencies.
If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother.
Dealing With an Injury Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of pedestrian accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision like the Imperial Highway hit-and-run crash.
Furthermore, here are the things that we need to do in case of an accident:
- Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
- Next, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Then, collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved.
- Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
- Afterward, file a police report or incident report by calling 911.
- Finally, hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.