Teens Killed in DUI Crash in Puyallup Identified as Yarey Ibanez-Aguilar and Carlos Vargas-Dopson
Puyallup, CA (June 26, 2020) – Yarey Ibanez-Aguilar and Carlos Vargas-Dopson died, and two others sustained injuries in a crash at 31st Ave SW.
The crash happened at around 3:30 a.m. on June 26. Thus, dispatched officers responded and located the overturned vehicle on the scene.
According to Puyallup police reports, the car was traveling at a very high rate of speed along 31st Ave SW and appeared to have gone airborne at South Fruitland.
Then, when the car landed, the driver lost control and struck a ditch, causing the vehicle to rollover.
As a result, the two passengers at the back were ejected from the car. The 16-year-old died on the scene while the 17-year-old died at the Tacoma hospital.
Moreover, authorities transported 16-year-old Erika Rutz, who drove, and a 15-year-old male passenger to Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup.
Furthermore, police say alcohol is a factor in the crash.
At this time, a Gofundme set up by Tristan Snead is raising money for Yarey Ibanez-Aguilar’s memorial expenses. Please consider donating.
Sweet Lawyers extend our deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of Yarey Ibanez-Aguilar and Carlos Vargas-Dopson. May the bereaved find strength and comfort in this extremely difficult time.
Hire Your Personal Attorney
“Having legal representation after such a traumatic event will provide your family the space to heal, while ensuring that justice is brought to your loved one,” says Mark Sweet, a seasoned attorney at Sweet Lawyers.
What is a Wrongful Death Suit?
- It is a step towards recovering from the death of a family member.
- It forces liable parties to become accountable for their actions.
- Allows families to hold parties liable for the irrevocable damages they have caused.
- Allows surviving family members to achieve/ attain vindication for their dearly departed.
- A wrongful death lawsuit gives the loved ones of a departed family member some semblance of justice.
- Alleviates most or all of the financial burden the death of a relative has generated.
- Gain compensation for the funeral expenses accrued over a deceased victim’s send-off.
- Hold the party responsible for your loved one’s passing accountable.
Why Should You File a Wrongful Death Claim?
It is vital to know how to defend your rights in the face of this tragic loss. Therefore, if you or a family member is involved in a similar car accident, call our offices now at (800) 674-7852 and let us help you deal with the legal processes. Our firm is highly regarded in handling anything from a personal injury to a wrongful death case. Above all, we do not require any ridiculous retainer fees from our clients. In addition, you can also reach us by email and talk to us on our live online chat 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.