Injury in Interstate 82 Hit-and-Run Crash
Benton County, WA (June 08, 2021) – On Monday, a 19-year-old woman was injured in Interstate 82 big rig crash.
The accident took place at about 12:30 p.m., south of Kennewick.
Officers said that the big rig was eastbound on the freeway when it tried to change lanes and struck the woman’s car.
The big rig immediately fled the scene after the crash.
Emergency rescuers treated her at the scene and took her to a hospital.
Meanwhile, the authorities are searching for the driver of the big rig driver.
Since you cannot read the intention of the driver in front of you, don’t tailgate.
Make it your practice to always maintain some distance between your vehicle and the one ahead in order to give yourself enough response time should the vehicle ahead make a sudden turn or stop.
Prevention Is Always Better Than Cure
While driving is essential for many in order to move about in their lives, it is one of the most dangerous activities performed daily. That is because auto accidents are a major public health threat.
Traffic accidents are a leading cause of death for individuals ages 5-64.
That is why it is indeed crucial that everyone drives defensively in order to avoid traffic accidents as much as possible.
Meanwhile, here are some of the things that we can do to practice defensive driving:
– First, always drive at a controllable speed.
– Then, it is also important not to assume you know the other driver’s intention.
– Also, be prepared to positively react to other drivers.
– This one, we should never neglect. Yield at intersections, even if you have right of way.
– Most importantly, stay focused on the road. Remove all distractions such as mobile phone use, unstrapped toddlers, etc.
Call our attorneys at Sweet Lawyers if you were injured in an accident. Our hotline is (800) 674 7852.
You may also check our website and chat with our live agents.