Injuries Reported in Ventura Pedestrian Accident on Highway 101 and Victoria Avenue
VENTURA, CA (February 5, 2023) – Saturday morning, a 51-year-old Ventura man suffered injuries in a hit-and-run crash on Highway 101 and Victoria Avenue.
The incident happened at about 2:34 a.m. on Highway 101 and Victoria Avenue.
According to reports, a hit-and-run driver struck a man who was trying to help a stranded motorist along Highway 101. Officers said that the stranded motorist was partially stuck in the right lane of the southbound freeway north of the Victoria Avenue offramp.
Then, another southbound vehicle hit the Ventura man and fled the scene.
At this time, the authorities haven’t disclosed the make and model of the suspect vehicle.
Then, responders transported the victim to Ventura County Medical Center with major injuries.
Furthermore, the CHP’s Ventura office handles the crash investigation. Furthermore, they urged anyone with information to contact 805-662-2640.
Safe Driving on California Roadways
Sharing the road is a shared responsibility. It is important to keep an eye out for those who are on the road with you.
The California Office of Traffic Safety’s “Go Safely” campaign advises drivers of the following:
- Follow the posted speed limit.
- Slow down your speed at intersections.
- Give pedestrians the right of way at crosswalks and unmarked corners. Be ready to stop and let those on foot cross.
- Apply extra care in less-than-ideal driving conditions. This may include dark, foggy, or rainy weather.
- Respect all bicyclists. Give cyclists at least three to five feet of room when passing a bike. California law requires drivers to provide a minimum of three feet of space between a vehicle and a bicycle.
- If there is not enough space to pass a bicyclist safely, be patient and wait until you can.
If you’re looking for a trusted pedestrian crash attorney, turn to Sweet Lawyers. Moreover, we have over 40 years of experience in the legal field. We will fight to achieve the justice and compensation that you and your family deserve. Also, our attorneys and experienced professional legal team have dealt with cases including pedestrian accidents. Call our offices today at (800) 674 7852 for a free consultation at a location nearest you. Thus, for your convenience, you can contact us 24/7 by email, online chat, and text message.