Motorcyclist and Child Injured in La Presa Crash
La Presa, CA (July 11, 2021) – On Friday, a rider and a child were injured in a motorcycle crash on Maria Avenue.
The crash took place at about 7:30 a.m. at the intersection with San Diego Street, south of Jamacha Boulevard.
Apparently, a Spring Valley woman was driving a Nissan Altima sedan westbound on San Diego Street.
She entered the intersection but was hit on the driver’s side by a northbound Spring Valley man on a Honda CBR motorcycle.
As a result, the motorcyclist was thrown onto the roadway.
The rescuers took the unidentified motorcyclist to Scripps Mercy Hospital for treatment of major injuries.
Meanwhile, a child in the Nissan’s left rear seat sustained a laceration to the head and was taken to Rady Children’s Hospital for treatmentMoreover, always be wary of those around you on the road. This is especially true when it comes to sharing the road with cyclists and motorcyclists, who are more vulnerable to injuries following a crash.
Preventing Accidents From Happening
While driving is essential for many in order to move about in their lives, it is one of the most dangerous activities performed daily. That is because auto accidents are a major public health threat. Traffic accidents are a leading cause of death for individuals ages 5-64.
That is why it is indeed crucial that we drive defensively in order to avoid accidents as much as possible.
Here are some of the things that we can do to practice defensive driving:
– First of all, always drive at a controllable speed.
– Do not assume you know the other driver’s intention.
– Also, it is good to be prepared to positively react to other drivers.
– This one, we should never neglect: yield at intersections, even if you have right of way.
– Most importantly, stay focused on the road. Remove all distractions such as mobile phones, unstrapped toddlers, etc.