Toppenish School Bus Crash Injured Two
Toppenish, WA (May 13, 2021) – On Thursday, two were injured in a school bus-car crash on Larue Road.
Officers responded to the accident scene just before noon, at the intersection of Robbins Road.
Reports said the bus was southbound on Robbins Road while the car was eastbound on Larue Road.
The driver pulled away from the stop sign not seeing the passenger car approaching.
As a result, the car collided with the right side of the bus.
Meanwhile, the YCSO said the passenger car had the right of way during that time.
The 59-year-old driver, one young student, and an assistant were inside the school bus during the accident. None of them was injured in the accident.
Right away, responders took the 69-year-old woman driving the car and her juvenile passenger to the hospital to be checked out.
Officers are investigating the incident.
Since you cannot read the intention of the driver in front of you, don’t tailgate. Maintain some distance between your car and the car ahead in order to give yourself enough response time should the car ahead make a sudden turn or stop.
Dealing With a Road Accidents
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision.
Here are the things that we need to do if in case of an accident:
– Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
– Then, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Also, collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Finally, hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
CallSweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852. Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reachus through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.