Injuries Reported in Deadly Big Rig Collision on Washington Boulevard
Boyle Heights, CA (April 1, 2023) On Friday morning, a traffic accident on Washington Boulevard left a person dead and another injured.
LAPD says that the deadly big rig collision happened around 1:18 a.m. at the 3000 block of Washington Boulevard.
Reports say that first responders found a vehicle at the back of a big rig, with 2 people hurt.
Officials say that a person was trapped inside the vehicle while the other was able to free themselves. Medics transported the person to a hospital, their condition remains unknown.
Authorities pronounced a person dead at the scene, officials have not released details of the persons identity.
Sweet Lawyers extend our condolences to the family of the person who died in the traffic accident on Washington Boulevard. Our hearts are with you through these trying times. We also wish the injured party a quick and full recovery.
DEALING WITH THE AFTERMATH OF A FATAL COLLISION
The California Office of Traffic Safety’s “Go Safely” campaign advises drivers of the following:
- Follow the posted speed limit.
- Slow down your speed at intersections.
- Give pedestrians the right of way at crosswalks and unmarked corners. Be ready to stop and let those on foot cross.
- Apply extra care in less-than-ideal driving conditions. This may include dark, foggy, or rainy weather.
- Respect all bicyclists. Give cyclists at least three to five feet of room when passing a bike. California law requires drivers to provide a minimum of three feet of space between a vehicle and bicycle.
- If there is not enough space to pass a bicyclist safely, be patient and wait until you can.
Moreover, enduring an unexpected fatal loss can feel impossible to do alone. The silver lining is, you do not have to. Consulting with an experienced attorney who can help you with a possible wrongful death claim is the best thing you can do following the deadly incident much like the traffic accident on Washington Boulevard.
Thus, it is helpful to know that each state has its own laws covering who can file a wrongful death suit on behalf of the deceased.
These people are related to or depend financially on the victim. The law usually allows the following people to file a wrongful death case:
- Surviving spouses
- Domestic partners (registered domestic partnership)
- Children of the deceased
- Financial dependents, parents, and minors under the care of the deceased
- Personal representatives
CALL US RIGHT AWAY!
To the family of the person who died in the traffic accident on Washington Boulevard, our hotline is (800) 674 7852. You may call us anytime.
With 40 years of practice, Sweet Lawyers attorneys can tackle your wrongful death lawsuit and help you recover. Our legal experts are here to guide you during your legal battle.
You may also click on this link and chat with our online professionals.
Our legal professionals are willing to discuss how a legal case can help you with the devastating aftermath of the deadly big rig collision on Washington Boulevard.