School Bus-Semi-Truck Crash on Lateral C Road Sends 2 Children and Driver to Hospital
Wapato, WA (April 24, 2021)– On Thursday, a school bus driver and two children were injured in a semi-truck crash on Lateral C Road.
The accident took place minutes after 3 p.m. at the Progressive Road intersection.
When Yakima County sheriff‘s deputies and medics arrived at the scene, they discovered that the school bus driver and nine children were aboard the school bus when the crash happened.
Rescuers took the bus driver to Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital to be treated for injuries. Also, they took two children to the hospital for minor injuries.
Meanwhile, officers said both the truck and the bus were towed away from the crash scene.
Aim high in steering. Don’t make your steering adjustments based on what is directly in front of you, but rather what is down the road. If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother.
Dealing With a Vehicular Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision.
Here are the things that we need to do if in case of an accident:
– Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
– Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
CallSweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852. Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reachus through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.