Injuries Reported in Bakersfield Pedestrian Accident on Union Avenue near East 9th Street
BAKERSFIELD, CA (May 11, 2023) – Wednesday afternoon, a startling pedestrian crash on Union Avenue near East 9th Street injured 1 person.
The incident happened at about 12:20 p.m. on Union Avenue near East 9th Street.
According to reports, a Bakersfield police patrol vehicle traveled south. Then, it hit the pedestrian as the victim crossed the road from the center median.
As a result, responders took the pedestrian to a hospital with moderate to major injuries.
Furthermore, the authorities urged anyone with information about the incident to contact Bakersfield police at 661-327-7111.
Safe Driving on California Roadways
Sharing the road is a shared responsibility. It is important to keep an eye out for those who are on the road with you.
The California Office of Traffic Safety’s “Go Safely” campaign advises drivers of the following:
- Follow the posted speed limit.
- Slow down your speed at intersections.
- Give pedestrians the right of way at crosswalks and unmarked corners. Be ready to stop and let those on foot cross.
- Apply extra care in less-than-ideal driving conditions. This may include dark, foggy, or rainy weather.
- Respect all bicyclists. Give cyclists at least three to five feet of room when passing a bike. California law requires drivers to provide a minimum of three feet of space between a vehicle and a bicycle.
- If there is not enough space to pass a bicyclist safely, be patient and wait until you can.
If you’re looking for a trusted pedestrian crash attorney, turn to Sweet Lawyers. Moreover, we have over 40 years of experience in the legal field. We will fight to achieve the justice and compensation that you and your family deserve. Also, our attorneys and experienced professional legal team have dealt with cases including pedestrian accidents. Call our offices today at (800) 674 7852 for a free consultation at a location nearest you. Thus, for your convenience, you can contact us 24/7 by email, online chat, and text message.