State Route 99 Semi-Truck Crash Injures Driver
Fresno, CA (July 23, 2021) – On Thursday, a semi-truck driver was injured in State Route 99 crash.
The accident happened after 2 am near North Avenue.
The authorities said the big rig driver was merging onto the highway when they struck a green pickup with a trailer parked on the right shoulder.
Moreover, the big rig was hauling pastries during the accident, that spilled across the roadway.
The semi-truck driver sustained minor injuries. No one else was in the incident.
Meanwhile, closed down the highway for several hours as they investigated the incident.
Since you cannot read the intention of the driver in front of you, don’t tailgate.Make it your practice to always maintain some distance between your vehicle and the one ahead in order to give yourself enough response time should the vehicle ahead make a sudden turn or stop.
Prevention Is Always Better Than Cure
While driving is essential for many in order to move about in their lives, it is one of the most dangerous activities performed daily. That is because auto accidents are a major public health threat.
Traffic accidents are a leading cause of death for individuals ages 5-64.
That is why it is indeed crucial that everyone drives defensively in order to avoid traffic accidents as much as possible.
Meanwhile, here are some of the things that we can do to practice defensive driving:
- First, always drive at a controllable speed.
- Then, it is also important not to assume you know the other driver’s intention.
- Also, be prepared to positively react to other drivers.
- This one, we should never neglect. Yield at intersections, even if you have right of way.
- Most importantly, stay focused on the road. Remove all distractions such as mobile phone use, unstrapped toddlers, etc.
Our hotline is (800) 674 7852. You may also check our website and chat with our live agents.