Stephen Johnson Apprehended in California City Wrong-Way Crash
California City, CA (May 28, 2021) – On Tuesday, a police officer and another were injured while police arrested 27-year-old Stephen Johnson in a DUI crash on Neuralia Road.
The accident happened at about 8:59 p.m.
The officer was transporting a suspect to the Kern County Jail in Bakersfield when the patrol car was struck by a wrong-way driver.
Apparently, the vehicle was heading east in the westbound lane.
The officer and the suspect he was transporting were rushed to local hospitals for treatment. They were released on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the authorities determined Johnson, the wrong-way driver, was under the influence of alcohol and drugs during the incident. They arrested and took him to Kern County Jail.
The perverse actions of a reckless driver can increase the likelihood of traffic accidents. If you are a driver, always pay close attention to those around you. Maintain a considerable distance from others just in case harm is near.
Most importantly, never drink and drive.
Dealing with a DUI Crash
Roadways, while scrupulously created and mapped for efficient travel, are one of the most dangerous settings.
Therefore, it is crucial to know what to do in case you find yourself involved in a traffic accident.
In case of an accident, you must:
– Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
– Then, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved.
– Also, file a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Call Sweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852. Indeed, our legal team is glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.