Elko DUI Crash Injures Vehicle Occupants
Elko, NV (October 7, 2022) – On Thursday, three people sustained injuries in a vehicle crash on College Parkway.
It was about 1:20 a.m. when the traffic incident took place in the 1500 block area.
“Upon arrival on the scene, officers found a 2015 Chevrolet Camaro crashed into a business and was upside down inside and a preliminary investigation has revealed that speed and alcohol may have been factors in the crash,” says the police department.
Three people from the vehicle sustained injuries. The paramedics airlifted two of them to Salt Lake City for advanced medical care for significant injuries.
As a driver, it is your responsibility to be a proactive driver, rather than a reactive one. Moreover, driving defensively prepares you for emergencies.
If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother. Doing these simple steps will help to prevent accidents like the crash on College Parkway.
Dealing With an Injury Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of traffic accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in incidents like the crash on College Parkway.
Furthermore, here are the things that we need to do in case of an accident:
- Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
- Next, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Then, collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved.
- Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else can be used for evidence.
- Afterward, file a police report or incident report by calling 911.
- Finally, hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.