65-year-old Woman Died on Owens Avenue in Hit-And-Run Crash
Las Vegas, NV (May 30, 2020)– On Saturday afternoon, a 65-year-old woman died in a hit-and-run crash on Owens Avenue.
The crash occurred at around 4 p.m. on May 30. Dispatched officers arrived and located a 2020 Toyota Camry and the pedestrian down on the scene.
Reportedly, a 2020 Toyota Camry speeding east on Owens, turned off the roadway and drove into a light pole before crashing into the bus stop. The woman was then struck by the vehicle and dragged on the sidewalk.
After that, the car crashed into another light pole where it eventually stopped.
The unidentified woman died on the spot. Meanwhile, the at-fault driver fled the scene on foot after the collision.
Police are still searching the suspect and now asking for the public’s help. If you have any relevant information, please call the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Collision Investigation Section at (702) 828-3595. If you want to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at (702) 385-5555.
Sweet Lawyers extend our deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of the deceased.
Why You Need a Personal Attorney in a Wrongful Death Suit
While assigning blame is usually one of the last things you would consider doing in a time like this, it is important to make sure your family is covered in the face of tragedy. Therefore, you must know how to proceed in case a family member is involved in a similar accident like the one on Owens Avenue.
- Having legal representation can help you attain compensation on medical bills, loss of earnings, future medicals, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, pain and suffering, and more.
- An attorney handles your case while you focus on grieving and healing.
- An attorney covers all aspects of your lawsuit in order to give you room to grieve in peace.
- A lawyer works on your behalf to hold the responsible party accountable for their failure to follow traffic laws, resulting in the untimely death of your spouse/ parent/ child.
- A lawyer will exhaust every avenue to ensure you get the maximum settlement. They will speak to witnesses, analyze evidence, and obtain important data that will help your case.
If your family loses a member in an auto accident you may recover damages through a wrongful death suit. Call our offices now at (800) 674-7852 and let us help you deal with this tragic circumstance. We are confident that our proven expertise of over 40 years will win your case. Above all, you won’t pay a dime in any silly retainer fees. You can also reach us by email, chat with us on our live online chat, and text message us 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.