Police Investigates Auto-Pedestrian Accident near Cottage Circle
Winters, CA (March 24, 2023) On Thursday morning, a pedestrian crash on Anderson Avenue may have led to unspecified injuries to a student.
Reports say that an auto-pedestrian accident happened on Anderson Avenue between Cottage Circle and Hemenway Street at around 7:55 a.m.
According to the Winters Police Department, that a vehicle struck a middle-school-aged student walking to school.
Paramedics rushed the student to an area emergency room for immediate treatment. The students current condition has not been revealed at this time.
Winters PD is investigating the pedestrian crash and has not released further details at this time.
LET’S DO OUR SHARE TO PREVENT TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS
Traffic safety continues to be a life-and-death matter, yet reckless driving has not declined. One person is killed in a vehicle accident every couple of hours.
The California Office of Traffic Safety’s “Go Safely” campaign advises drivers of the following:
- Follow the posted speed limit.
- Slow down your speed at intersections.
- Give pedestrians the right of way at crosswalks and unmarked corners. Be ready to stop and let those on foot cross.
- Apply extra care in less-than-ideal driving conditions. This may include dark, foggy, or rainy weather.
- Respect all bicyclists. Give cyclists at least three to five feet of room when passing a bike. California law requires drivers to provide a minimum of three feet of space between a vehicle and bicycle.
- If there is not enough space to pass a bicyclist safely, be patient and wait until you can.
Moreover, sharing the road is a shared responsibility. It is important to keep an eye out for those who are on the road with you.
Let us do our share to prevent traffic mishaps like the auto-pedestrian accident near Cottage Circle.
TRAFFIC COLLISIONS COULD HAPPEN ANYTIME
Your safety on the road is never guaranteed; however, knowledge is a powerful tool. Indeed, in uncertain times such as these, you may want to speak to a professional in case of an accident.
Knowing what steps to take following the pedestrian crash on Anderson Avenue can mean the difference between financial prosperity and financial disparity. The consequences of a severe accident can follow you for months, even years, if you don’t have your legal doubts cleared by an expert.
It is good to know that the aftershock of an accident is not something to be dealt with alone. The burden is meant to be shared; preferably, with a community that knows how to handle the effects.
Sweet Lawyers‘ personal injury attorneys will find the most favorable possible outcome for our clients. We will achieve the justice and compensation you and your family deserve.
Call us at (800) 674 7852. Similarly, you may also click this link to consult with our legal professionals.