Tumwater Head-On Crash Injures Two, Driver Arrested
Tumwater, WA (July 02, 2021) – On Wednesday, two passengers were injured in 54th Avenue Southwest head-on crash.
The accident took place at about 7 P.M.
Officers said a man driving on 54th Avenue Southwest was talking on his cellphone when his Kia crosses the center line.
As a result, the vehicle struck a Subaru carrying two passengers.
The two passengers in the Subaru incurred injuries. They requested medical evaluation when Tumwater Police and Fire arrived on the crash scene.
Upon evaluation, medics determined no one needed to be taken to the hospital for treatment.
Meanwhile, the Kia’s and Subaru’s front ends both incurred damages and was towed away.
Moreover, officers arrested the Kia driver. They charged him with reckless driving and driving with a suspended license, and took him to jail.
Aim high in steering, i.e. don’t make your steering adjustments based on what is directly in front of you, but rather what is down the road. If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother.
Dealing With a Vehicular Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision.
Here are the things that we need to do if in case of an accident:
– Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
– Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
CallSweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852. Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reachus through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.