10-Year-Old Boy Injured in Nevada County Traffic Crash
Nevada County, CA (November 29, 2022) – On Thanksgiving, a 10-year-old boy passenger from Auburn sustained injuries in a vehicle crash on Tierra Road.
Officers say an ATV driven by an unidentified young male adult from Auburn went off Tierra Road in the Garden Bar area.
For unknown reasons, the vehicle overturned on its side, and the passenger was thrown into a barbwire fire. As a result, the boy sustained a severe leg injury and was flown to Sutter Roseville Medical Center for treatment.
Investigating officers said neither was wearing a helmet during the accident.
In the meantime, the authorities are investigating the cause of the Nevada County traffic crash. Police said DUI is not suspected.
As a driver, it is your responsibility to be a proactive driver, rather than a reactive one. Moreover, driving defensively prepares you for emergencies.
If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother. Thus, preventing incidents like the crash on Tierra Road.
Dealing With an Injury Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of traffic accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision like the Nevada County traffic crash.
Furthermore, here are the things that we need to do in case of an accident:
- Before anything else, if you sustained injuries seek medical attention,
- Next, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Then, collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved.
- Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
- Afterward, file a police report or incident report by calling 911.
- Finally, hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.