Mr. Cortz-Ruiz Injured, Ms. Hernandez-Mikely Involved in Visalia Crash
Visalia, CA (July 16, 2021)– On Thursday, Mr. Cortez-Ruiz was injured in a crash on Avenue 54 involving Ms. Hernandez-Mikely.
The accident took place at around 4:53 a.m. at Borchardt Drive.
Visalia CHP said Ms. Hernandez-Mikely, the driver, saw a light from a work truck parked on the roadway.
She thought that the light was an oncoming vehicle, so Ms. Hernandez-Mikely drifted to avoid an accident.
She drifted her vehicle again and it overturned.
As a result, Mr. Cortez-Ruiz was ejected from the front passenger side window of the vehicle.
Authorities said he was not wearing his seat belt at the time of the crash. He sustained severe injuries from hitting the concrete roadway.
Immediately, Skylife airlifted him to Kaweah Delta Medical Center.
Moreover, another passenger sustained minor injuries but he was not transported to the hospital.
Meanwhile, the officers are still investigating the crash. They said drugs and/or alcohol do not appear to be a factor in the incident.Since you cannot read the intention of the driver in front of you, don’t tailgate. Maintain some distance between your vehicle and the one ahead in order to give yourself enough response time should the vehicle ahead make a sudden turn or stop.
Dealing With a Vehicular Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision.
Here are the things that we need to do if in case of an accident:
– Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
– Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Call Sweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852. Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns.
Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.