Glacier Car-Motorcycle Hospitalized Motorcycle Rider
Glacier, WA (May 21, 2021) – On Thursday, a motorcycle rider was injured in a car-motorcycle crash on Mount Baker Highway.
The accident took place at about 2 p.m., east of Glacier.
Immediately, rescuers took the victim to PeaceHealth St Joseph’s Medical Center with non-fatal back and or neck injuries.
Meanwhile, the Washington State Department of Transportation alternated the traffic through 1 open lane as they clear the crash scene as of 3 p.m. They reopened the road to all traffic by 3:45 p.m.
Moreover, always be wary of those around you on the road. This is especially true when it comes to sharing the road with cyclists and motorcyclists, who are more vulnerable to injuries following a crash.
Preventing Accidents From Happening
While driving is essential for many in order to move about in their lives, it is one of the most dangerous activities performed daily. That is because auto accidents are a major public health threat. Traffic accidents are a leading cause of death for individuals ages 5-64.
That is why it is indeed crucial that we drive defensively in order to avoid accidents as much as possible.
Here are some of the things that we can do to practice defensive driving:
– First of all, always drive at a controllable speed.
– Do not assume you know the other driver’s intention.
– Also, it is good to be prepared to positively react to other drivers.
– This one, we should never neglect: yield at intersections, even if you have right of way.
– Most importantly, stay focused on the road. Remove all distractions such as mobile phones, unstrapped toddlers, etc.
Call our attorneys at Sweet Lawyers if you were injured in an accident. Our hotline is (800) 674 7852. You may also check our websiteand chat with our live agents.