Fatal Rollover Crash on El Monte Road in Los Altos Hills
Los Altos Hills, CA (June 19, 2020) – On Friday afternoon, a 33-year-old Mario Martinez of San Jose, a passenger, died while his driver sustained injuries in a rollover crash on El Monte Road.
The accident happened at around 4:50 p.m. on June 19. Dispatched officers responded and located a pickup truck rolled to its side on the scene.
Reportedly, the driver said he heard a loud noise and lost control. The pickup truck veered onto the right-hand shoulder and rolled several times, ejecting Martinez in the process.
Emergency crews immediately transported him to a hospital, but he later died while undergoing treatment. Police say he did not wear a seatbelt. Moreover, the driver did use a seatbelt and suffered minor injuries.
Investigators say alcohol or drugs are not factors in the crash. Further investigation is ongoing.
We at Sweet Lawyers extend our heartfelt condolences to the family and loved ones of Mario Martinez. May the bereaved find comfort and strength in this trying time.
Hire Your Personal Attorney
“Insurance companies will try to save money, even if it means not fully compensating a family for the wrongful death of a loved one. When a family retains an attorney immediately, it gives the family time to grieve their loss, while their attorney can begin to hold the negligent party accountable,” says Tyler Toomey, a practicing attorney at Sweet Lawyers.
“Having legal representation after such a traumatic event will provide your family the space to heal while ensuring that justice is brought to your loved one,” says Mark Sweet, a seasoned attorney at Sweet Lawyers.
What Is a Wrongful Death Suit?
- It is a step towards recovering from the death of a family member.
- It forces liable parties to become accountable for their actions.
- Allows families to hold parties liable for the irrevocable damages they have caused.
- Allows surviving family members to achieve/ attain vindication for their dearly departed.
- A wrongful death lawsuit gives the loved ones of a departed family member some semblance of justice.
- Alleviating most or all of the financial burden the death of a relative has generated.
- Gaining compensation for the funeral expenses accrued over a deceased victim’s send-off.
- Holding the party responsible for your loved one’s passing accountable.
Why Should You File a Wrongful Death Claim
If you are or a family member is involved in a similar vehicular accident or has suffered injuries, turn to us. More so if it is to seek justice over a wrongful death in your family. Sweet Lawyers have been pursuing justice for over 40 years. Our mission is more than being legal representation, but an assurance that your family will be secured from further losses. We offer personalized assistance, and will cover the nitty gritty of your claim while you focus on healing. Let our seasoned attorneys and team of experts lessen your burden. Above all, you won’t pay a dime until we settle your case. Call our offices now at (800) 674-7852 to discuss our plans. You can also reach us by email, talk on our live online chat, and text message us 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.