Karen Heutink Dies in Head-On Car Accident on Badger Road in Lynden
Lynden, WA (July 03, 2020)– On Friday afternoon, 67-year-old Karen Heutink of Sumas died in a head-on crash on Badger Road.
The crash happened at around 12:43 p.m on July 3. According to reports, a truck driver from Surrey, B.C., traveled westbound near Vinup Road when he swerved to avoid a stopped vehicle, and collided with an SUV. The SUV driver, Ms. Heutink, died at the scene.
The truck driver, 48-year-old Clayton Ferguson, remained uninjured. Police say drugs or alcohol are not factors in the crash. Further investigation is ongoing.
Sweet Lawyers extend our deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of Karen Heutink. May the bereaved find strength and comfort in this extremely difficult time.
What is a Wrongful Death Suit?
- It is a step towards recovering from the death of a family member.
- It forces liable parties to become accountable for their actions.
- Allows families to hold parties liable for the irrevocable damages they have caused.
- Allows surviving family members to achieve/ attain vindication for their dearly departed.
- A wrongful death lawsuit gives the loved ones of a departed family member some semblance of justice.
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before death.
- Medical expenses incurred before death.
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium.
What are the damages that are potentially recoverable in a wrongful death?
Hire Your Wrongful Death Attorney
After the death of a loved one, thinking rationally may be difficult. Moreover, the aftermath of a devastating loss may deter a family from pursuing legal matters for their dearly departed. The decision to proceed with the legal with a legal case will not bring a victim back, but justice will be served, and the irrevocable damages caused will be accounted for.
Mark Sweet, a seasoned attorney at Sweet Lawyers says, “Having legal representation after such a tragic event will provide your family the space to heal, while ensuring that justice is brought to your loved one.”
Learn more about our services here. You can call our offices at (800) 674-7852 and speak immediately to someone from our professional legal team. Moreover, our firm is highly regarded in handling anything from a personal injury to a wrongful death case. Above all, we do not require any ridiculous “retainer,” or holding fees from our clients. Your consultation is totally free and confidential.