One of the most popular and sold-out music festivals is back in town. Coachella features a wide variety of music. For instance, genres such as rock, pop, indie, hip hop, and electric dance. The festival attracts music goers from all over the nation. In particular, residents of southern California are most of the attendees. Therefore, the two-weekend event is sold out and expecting 250,000 guests in total.
These festivals are meant for dancing, socializing, networking, and enjoying great music. However, accidents and injuries can still occur.
Common Festival Injury Accidents
Large crowds may leave some room for distraction, neglect, and accidents. As a result, oversight can come from festival vendors, maintenance agencies, and fellow attendees. Consequently, their careless actions may result in serious injury to others.
Here are some common festival injury accidents:
- Car accidents going to and from the festival;
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents occurring on festival grounds;
- Defective stage structure or faulty equipment;
- Exposed cords causing falls, fire, or electrocution;
- Injuries resulting from mechanical problems with attractions;
- Ineffective or insufficient security;
- Physical assault, dehydration, gun violence, and terrorism;
How To Prove Fault for Injuries
Most accidents that occur at a festival are caused by negligence. To explain, this term is used when a person (defendant) acts in a careless way and causes injury to another (plaintiff). Hence, the person who fails to provide proper care, may be held liable for any resulting injuries or losses.
In detail, in order to prove the defendant was negligent, the plaintiff must prove the following four elements:
- Duty- The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances;
- Breach – The defendant ignored the duty by failing to exercise reasonable care;
- Causation – Injuries resulting were from a direct result of the defendants actions;
- Damages – The plaintiff was injured or otherwise harmed as a result of negligence.
Damages arising as a result of negligence are are awarded as a dollar figure. Thus, payment includes medical bills, economic losses, and pain and suffering of emotional distress.
Festival Injury Attorneys
For this purpose, it is recommended that you contact a skilled attorney after a festival injury. Festival injury claims are complicated due to the amount of individuals that could be held responsible.
To assure that the accountable parties are brought to justice, contact the Sweet Lawyers today. With over 40 years of experience, we have seen thousands of cases and we know what it takes to get you the compensation that you deserve.