Highway 59 Head-On Crash Injures Gina Mendoza Santos, Involves Jesus Barboza
Merced County, CA (June 10, 2021)– On Tuesday, 38-year-old Gina Mendoza Santos of Fresno was injured, while 54-year-old Jesus Barboza, also of Fresno, was involved in big rig crash on Highway 59.
The accident happened at about 2:20 p.m. south of Sandy Mush Road.
Authorities said 2014 Freightliner, driven by Barboza, was northbound on Highway 59.
For unknown reasons, the semi-truck crossed the center line and crashed head-on with a 2015 Toyota Camry, driven by Santos.
As a result, the Toyota sustained serious damage in the accident.
Immediately, rescuers extricated Santos from the vehicle and airlfted her to Doctors Medical Center in Modesto with major injuries.
Similarly, Barboza complainted of pain but was not transported to a hospital.
Meanwhile, authorities said neither drugs nor alcohol were a factor in the accident.
Aim high in steering, i.e. don’t make your steering adjustments based on what is directly in front of you, but rather what is down the road. If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother.
What To Do in Case of Traffic Accidents?
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision.
Here are the things that we need to do if in case of an accident:
– Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
– Then, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– Do not forget to file a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Finally, hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
CallSweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852. Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reachus through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.