Pedestrian Injured in Fairfield Traffic Accident
Fairfield, CA (February 3, 2023) – At about 2 p.m. on Tuesday, the authorities arrested Gary Bernardo, 56, of Fairfield, following a Beck Avenue hit-and-run crash injuring a pedestrian.
The traffic accident happened at about 5:20 p.m. on Sunday.
According to a witness, a southbound vehicle driven by Gary Bernardo on Beck Avenue swerved into the median and struck a person walking north between the double yellow lines. Bernardo fled the scene and the victim sustained major injuries.
Then on Tuesday, Bernardo was seen in the parking lot of a restaurant on Central Place. The authorities booked him into Solano County Jail on suspicion of hit-and-run and driving with a suspended license.
Arriving at our destination safely should be every driver’s priority.
The NHTSA reports that one person is injured in a motor vehicle accident every 2 minutes. In truth, driving responsibly and within the speed limit saves lives every day.
Maintain your car’s roadworthiness by checking its tires, oil, brake fluid, mirrors, brakes, and air filters regularly so we can avoid incidents like the Beck Avenue hit-and-run crash.
Dealing With A California Road Collision?
Did you know that state laws forbid cell phone use while driving? That is because more than 80% of road accidents are the result of distracted drivers.
Frankly, an accident-free life is never promised. Even so, having connections to legal experts can dictate the severity of the aftermath.
Therefore, you should know how to proceed in case you find yourself injured in a traffic incident like the Beck Avenue hit-and-run crash.
Here are some of the things that we need to do in case of an accident.
- Seek medical attention if you sustained injuries.
- Next, get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Then, collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved.
- Also, do not forget documentation of the fault, and whatever else can be used as evidence.
- Filing a police report or incident report by calling 911 is necessary.
- Finally, hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Reach out to Sweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852 if you or a loved one have incurred injuries following the Fairfield traffic accident.
Crashes are an inconvenience, to say the least; however, reaching out for help can guarantee you don’t suffer further. In fact, our legal team would be very delighted to guide you with your legal concerns.