Highway 99 Collision Injures Two
Sacramento, CA (January 11, 2022) – On Monday, a driver and a passenger sustained injuries in Highway 99 big rig crash.
The crash happened minutes after 7:30 p.m. at the westbound Highway 50 connector.
The truck driver told the officers that he felt the rig losing control as he turned to the connector and the vehicle crashed when he tried to stabilize.
Luckily, he and a passenger only suffered minor injuries.
Reports said the semi-truck was transporting a 40,000-pound pipe when it tipped over and fell on its side.
Caltrans are working to repair a guardrail damaged in the crash.
Aim high in steering, i.e. don’t make your steering adjustments based on what is directly in front of you, but rather what is down the road.
If the road is winding to the right, for example, look as far into the turn as possible. This will improve your safety and make your turns smoother.
Dealing With a Vehicular Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision like the Highway 99 big rig crash.
Here are the things that we need to do if in case of an accident:
– Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
– Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Call Sweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852.
Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.