Driver Hospitalized in Highway 99 Big Rig Crash
Selma, CA (May 04, 2021) – On Monday, a driver was injured in a two-big crash on Highway 99.
The California Highway Patrol officers responded to the accident scene at around 8:00 p.m. to the northbound side of the highway, south of Mountain View Ave.
Officers said a big rig was parked on the right shoulder with a flat tire on the trailer’s right rear.
Then, another northbound big rig drifted onto the shoulder and struck the parked big rig’s trailer.
Both of the big rigs suffered major damage.
The rescuers airlifted the driver to the hospital with major injuries while the parked truck’s driver was not injured in the accident.
Meanwhile, the CHP said drugs or alcohol do not appear to be a factor in the incident.
Before you leave, inspect your vehicle’s headlights and turn signals, be sure that both front and rear headlamps are working properly and visible enough a couple of yards away.
Always Know What To Do in Case of Accidents
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), two out of three motorists will be involved in an injury accident during their life. As a matter of fact, car accidents are the leading cause of long-term disability in the U.S.
That is why it is truly necessary to know what to do in case you got injured in an unexpected traffic accident.
Here are the things that we need to do if in case of an accident:
– First of all, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
– Then, find and go to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– You also need to collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– Afterwards, file a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Last but not the least, hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Callour attorneys at Sweet Lawyers. Our hotline is (800) 674 7852. Our legal experts would do their best to help you with your legal cases.