Lupe Ortiz and David Sims Identified as Fatalities on Highway 99 South of Chico
Chico, CA (June 11, 2020) – On Wednesday, David Sims and Lupe Ortiz of Los Molinos died in a multi-vehicle accident involving a semi-truck on Highway 99 at Neal Road.
As a result of the crash, the highway closed in both directions for over 12 hours.
After the initial investigation and cleanup, CHP reported that a big-rig northbound on Highway 99 triggered the accident.
Indeed, the driver of the semi, Jobanjit Singh, failed to slow down at approaching stopped traffic.
Thus, he slammed into the back of a Honda Accord, which caused a chain reaction, and a total of 6 vehicles collided.
Consequently, the driver and passenger of the Honda Accord, died on impact.
Later on Thursday morning, the Butte County Coroner’s Office identified the deceased as David Sims, 55, and Lupe Ortiz, 55.
While alcohol and drugs are not suspected, CHP is still investigating why Singh did not slow at the light where traffic was stopped.
Our deepest condolences are with the loved ones of David Sims and Lupe Ortiz.
“We have the ability to secure evidence in your favor, request additional information, get vital eyewitness accounts, and review insurance coverage you are entitled to that may not be common knowledge. Having an experienced attorney fighting on your behalf at such a delicate time in your life will make all the difference,” says Mark Sweet, a seasoned attorney at Sweet Lawyers.
What is a Wrongful Death Suit?
- It is a step towards recovering from the death of a family member.
- It forces liable parties to become accountable for their actions.
- Allows families to hold parties liable for the irrevocable damages they have caused.
- Allows surviving family members to achieve/ attain vindication for their dearly departed.
- A wrongful death lawsuit gives the loved ones of a departed family member some semblance of justice.
- Alleviates most or all of the financial burden the death of a relative has generated.
- Gain compensation for the funeral expenses accrued over a deceased victim’s send-off.
- Hold the party responsible for your loved one’s passing accountable.
Why File a Wrongful Death Claim?
While assigning blame should be your least concern in a time like this, it is vital that the family of David Sims and Lupe Ortiz know how to proceed. If you are or a family member is involved in a similar accident, then it is best to let our dedicated and compassionate wrongful death attorneys hold those at-fault accountable and protect you from further losses, while you and your family grieve the loss of your loved one. Call our offices now at (800) 674-7852 and let us help you deal with the legal process. Don’t worry, your consultation is confidential and free. Above all, you won’t pay a dime in silly retainer fees. You can also reach us by email, talk to us on our live online chat, and text message us 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.