Aggressive driving, or as many call it “road rage,” is not only dangerous, but it can also cause harm to others on the road.
Road rage driving is caused by an aggressive driver, which includes rude and offensive gestures and reckless driving methods towards other drivers, pedestrian or cyclists. Road rage can lead to alterations and collisions that may result in serious injuries or even death.
Examples of Road Rage
Aggressive driving doesn’t necessarily mean someone is experiencing a road rage incident with another driver. However, driving recklessly inadvertently puts you and others at risk. Here are a few examples and signs of road rage:
- Tailgating or driving too close;
- Illegally driving on the shoulder, sidewalk, or median to pass other drivers;
- Unsafe lane changes;
- Driving the vehicle in a reckless, careless, or negligent manner;
- Failure to yield right of way;
- Failure to obey traffic signs and traffic control devices;
- Driving too fast for conditions or in excess of posted speed limit;
- Racing or driving excessive speeds.
- Safely move over if you are driving slower than traffic;
- Only use your horn to alert others of a dangerous situation;
- Use pleasant gestures to defuse a situation;
- Obey the rules of the road and traffic conditions;
- Leave plenty of space between you and the traffic ahead;
- Use turn signals to alert others of your next move.
Failing to follow the rules of the road can make you an unintentional perpetrator in a road range incident.
How to Avoid Aggressive Driving Behavior
Understand the risks and take safety measures to avoid being a victim or the cause of road rage incidents. Here are a few tips to avoid aggressive driving accidents:
Put yourself in the place of others to better understand their behavior. When you do this, you will be more vigilant and aware of your surroundings.
Hire a Lawyer with Experience
If you are involved in an accident caused by road rage or an aggressive driver, contact the experienced lawyers at Sweet Law Group. With over 40 years of experience in the legal field, we know what it takes to win your case and get your the justice and compensation that you deserve. Call to speak with one of our personal injury attorneys today for a free, no-obligation consultation at (800) 203-3061 .