Rainbow Boulevard Bicycle Crash Seriously Injures Boy
Las Vegas, NV (August 21, 2021)– On Friday, a 9-year-old boy suffered critical injuries in a Rainbow Boulevard bicycle crash.
It was just minutes before 7 a.m. when the accident happened near Peak Drive, south of Cheyenne Avenue.
The authorities said the victim rode his bicycle in a marked crosswalk across Rainbow Boulevard from the intersection with Peak Drive.
At the same time, a pickup truck driver was northbound on the boulevard approaching the intersection. Investigations indicated the driver failed to yield to the boy.
As a result, the boy was struck by the truck and was thrown from his bicycle.
Meanwhile, officers said the involved driver did not show any signs of impairment and stayed at the accident scene.
Reports said the accident took place near Bunker Elementary School, though it was not clear if the victim was a student at the school.
Scan the road 1/2 mile to a full mile ahead in order to look out or recognize potential hazards in time.
We are not designed to travel at 50mph.We were designed for speeds of less than 10mph, thus you need to learn to consciously break that natural instinct and focus farther ahead.
Dealing With the Unwanted Crash Injuries
Roadways, while scrupulously created and mapped for efficient travel, are one of the most dangerous settings. Therefore, it is crucial that everyone remain calm in order to properly handle the immediate aftermath of an automobile collision.
In fact, on the AAA Foundation Web site, chief executive officer Peter Kissinger repeatedly labeled the epidemic of motor vehicle-related accidents a “public health crisis.”
Moreover, here are the things that we need to remember in case of an accident:
– Before anything else, seek medical attention if you or someone suffered injuries in the accident.
– Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Call Sweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852. Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents. We are open any time of the day, and any day of the week.