60-Year-Old Tacoma Man Involved in SR-106 Traffic Collision
Union, WA (April 03, 2022) On Saturday, a 45-year-old woman from Tumwater was hospitalized in a solo-car crash on Highway 106.
According to the Washington State Patrol (WSP), the accident happened around 1 a.m. when the vehicle the woman was a passenger left the roadway of SR-106 east of Union.
Reports say that a 60-year-old man from Tacoma, driving a Volkswagen Jetta with the Tumwater woman as a passenger.
Officials say that the Volkswagen crossed the eastbound lane, then went off the road, hit a rock, and ended up in Dalby Creek.
Paramedics took both driver and passenger to Mason General Hospital in Shelton.
The WSP is investigating the crash and says that the driver may face charges for driving negligently.
It is important to always pay attention to your surroundings whenever driving. This, and abiding by all the driving laws as well as following all the road signs are simple ways to practice defensive driving. Defensive driving can lessen the chance of serious road accidents happening.
The perverse actions of a reckless driver can increase the likelihood of traffic collisions. If you are a driver, pay close attention to those around you. Always keep a considerable distance from others just in case harm is near.
Dealing With a Vehicular Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
It is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision like the Highway 106 solo-car crash.
Here are the things that we need to do in case of an accident:
- Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
- Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Collect information: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
- File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
- Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns.
You may also reach us through our live chat agents 24/7.