20-Year-Old Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Las Vegas Strip Accident
Las Vegas, NV (April 24, 2021) On Saturday, a 20-year-old pedestrian was injured in a crash on Las Vegas Boulevard and Sahara Avenue.
According to the police, the incident happened at about 1 p.m. on the Las Vegas strip.
Reports say the pedestrian was hit by a southbound Nissan Sentra, as they attempt to cross the street.
Meanwhile, paramedics took the pedestrian to UMC Trauma with serious injuries.
Authorities are still conducting an investigation to determine the cause of the crash.
Furthermore, the Nissan driver was cooperative and remained at the scene.
We can minimize the risks of vehicle collisions by keeping a safe distance from others on the road. Follow all road signs and traffic lights, place all smartphones away when driving, and pay attention to the road ahead.
Always pay attention to other drivers, especially on busy freeways. Whenever you are behind the wheel of a vehicle, it is your responsibility to follow all traffic laws. Make sure to avoid distractions that can lead to serious auto accidents. As a driver, maintain a safe speed and only drive when you are alert and sober.
The Aftermath of a Vehicle Vs Pedestrian Crash
Even though state laws prohibit cell phone use when driving, upwards of 80% of car accidents are a result of distracted drivers.
Therefore, it is important to know how to proceed in case you find yourself involved in a traffic collision.
Here are the things that we need to do if in case of an accident:
- Before anything else, seek medical attention if you have been hurt.
- Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
- Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
- File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
- Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Call Sweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852. Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns. Aside from calling us, you may also reach us through our live chat agents any time of the day, and any day of the week.