Fatal Multi-Vehicle Head-On Crash on US-97 near Columbia River
Entiat, WA (June 08, 2020) – Two unidentified individuals died while 12 sustained injuries in a head-on crash on US-97 near Columbia River, on June 7, Sunday afternoon.
Reportedly, a van with nine people was heading south on US-97 on the east side of the Columbia River near Entiat when it suddenly turned into oncoming traffic, striking a Ford pickup truck towing a camping trailer.
There, the Ford Truck overturned, and the camper detached. The Ford then crashed into a southbound GMC pickup that was behind the van. The GMC was towing a boat, and that boat became detached from its trailer.
As a result, the 29-year-old driving the van and one of the passengers died on the spot. The other seven occupants were taken to Central Washington Hospital in Wenatchee.
Meanwhile, the two occupants in the Ford are a couple in their 70s also transported to a hospital, as well as the 72-year-old driver and the two passengers in the GMC.
Further investigation is ongoing.
Sweet Lawyers extend our deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of the two deceased victims. May you find strength and comfort in this extremely difficult time.
Hire Your Personal Attorney
“Having legal representation after such a traumatic event will provide your family the space to heal while ensuring that justice is brought to your loved one,” says Mark Sweet, a seasoned attorney at Sweet Lawyers.
What is a Wrongful Death suit
- It is a step towards recovering from the death of a family member.
- It forces liable parties to become accountable for their actions.
- Allows families to hold parties liable for the irrevocable damages they have caused.
- Allows surviving family members to achieve/ attain vindication for their dearly departed.
- A wrongful death lawsuit gives the loved ones of a departed family member some semblance of justice.
- Alleviating most or all of the financial burden the death of a relative has generated.
- Gaining compensation for the funeral expenses accrued over a deceased victim’s send-off.
- Holding the party responsible for your loved one’s passing accountable.
Why Should You File a Wrongful Death Claim
Call our offices now at (800) 674-7852 and let us help you deal with the circumstances surrounding a similar serious auto accident. We understand your dilemma in trusting a firm to handle your case. That is why we will guide you in every step so you won’t have to face this battle alone. Our firm is highly regarded in handling anything from a personal injury to a wrongful deathcase. Above all, we do not require any ridiculous retainer fees from our clients. In addition, you can reach us by email, talk to us on our live online chat, and text message us 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.