Two Fatalities in Solo Car Crash on Interstate 8 near Jacumba Hot Springs
East County, CA (July 9, 2020) – On Thursday afternoon, two people died and one sustained severe injuries when their car crashed, rolled over, and caught fire on Interstate 8 in the East County desert.
The crash happened around 2:20 p.m. on July 9. According to reports, the vehicle crash and caught fire. However, how this accident exactly happened remains unspecified.
Firefighters responded and rescued two trapped occupants in the vehicle. One of the occupants died at the scene while the other airlifted to a nearby hospital.
Moreover, after extinguishing the fire on the burning vehicle, the body of a third occupant was recovered inside.
Furthermore, firefighters also extinguished flames that spread from the burning vehicle to nearby vegetation. One person at the scene suffered smoke inhalation injuries.
Authorities briefly closed both directions of the freeway to allow the medical helicopter to land and reopened just before 3:30 p.m.
Sweet Lawyers extend our deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of the deceased victims. May the bereaved find strength and comfort in this extremely difficult time.
Why You Need a Personal Injury Attorney
Seeking compensation for your injuries after a serious accident can be very stressful, and takes up a lot of your time. Therefore, having a personal injury lawyer will provide you the space to heal and recover. Let our seasoned attorneys deal with the complex legalities of this case for you. We:
Why You need a Wrongful Death Attorney
“Having legal representation after such a traumatic event will provide your family the space to heal, while ensuring that justice is brought to your loved one,” says Mark Sweet, a seasoned attorney at Sweet Lawyers.
What Is a Wrongful Death Suit?
- It is a step towards recovering from the death of a family member.
- It forces liable parties to become accountable for their actions.
- Allows families to hold parties liable for the irrevocable damages they have caused.
- Allows surviving family members to achieve/ attain vindication for their dearly departed.
- A wrongful death lawsuit gives the loved ones of a departed family member some semblance of justice.
- Alleviates most or all of the financial burden the death of a relative has generated.
- Provides compensation for the funeral expenses accrued over a deceased victim’s send-off.
- Holds the party responsible for your loved one’s passing accountable.
Why You Should File a Wrongful Death Claim
If you are or a family member is involved in a similar accident, call our offices now at (800) 674-7852 and let us help you deal with this delicate legal and personal matter as soon as possible. Moreover, our firm is highly regarded in handling anything from a personal injury to a wrongful deathcase. Above all, we do not require any ridiculous retainer fees from our clients. Our consultation is totally free and confidential.
Learn more about our services here and ask us anytime.