15-Year-Old Boy in Scooter Struck and Injured by Car on North First Street
Fresno, CA (June 18, 2021) – On Thursday, a 15-year-old boy sustained injuries in a scooter crash on North First Street.
The accident took place before 5:00 p.m. at East Shields Avenue intersection.
Authorities said the boy struck by the vehicle and was thrown to the ground injuring his head and torso.
Immediately, rescuers rushed him to the hospital where he is listed in critical condition.
Meanwhile, the involved driver stayed at the scene and cooperated with the investigation.
Always scan the road 1/2 mile to a full mile ahead in order to look out or recognize potential hazards in time. Our bodies weren’t designed to travel at 50mph. That is because we were designed for speeds of less than 10mph.
We need to learn to consciously break that natural instinct and focus farther ahead.
Dealing With the Unwanted Crash Injuries
Roadways, while scrupulously created and mapped for efficient travel, are one of the most dangerous settings. Therefore, it is crucial that everyone remain calm in order to properly handle the immediate aftermath of an automobile collision.
In fact, on the AAA Foundation Web site, chief executive officer Peter Kissinger repeatedly labeled the epidemic of motor vehicle-related accidents a “public health crisis.”
Moreover, I have listed some of the important things we need to do in case of an accident:
– Before anything else, seek medical attention if you or someone with you has been hurt.
– Get to a safe place to prevent further damage or injury.
– Collect as much information as possible: insurance and contact information of people involved in the accident and pictures/videos of vehicles involved. Also, do not forget documentation of fault, and whatever else that can be used for evidence.
– File a police report or incident report by calling 911.
– Hire an experienced personal injury attorney from Sweet Lawyers.
Call Sweet Lawyers at (800) 674 7852. Indeed, our legal team would be very glad to assist you with your legal concerns.
You may also reach us through our live chat agents. We are open any time of the day, and any day of the week.